Now that summer is in full swing, a lot of us are taking much-needed vacations. We all have our travel necessities, you know, the items that you just can't live without! These can be a favorite outfit, a comfy robe, or that one lipstick that goes with everything. I, definitely have my top five essentials that will make wherever I travel to a perfect getaway, and I'm going to share them with you.
1) Traveling can be a frustrating experience under the best of circumstances, long security lines, cramped flights, and long layovers. Comfort is key when I travel, so my first essential is the classic jumpsuit by Ripley Rader. Designed by the fabulous Ripley for the woman who likes to have fun, it is incredibly comfortable and can go from a casual day of sightseeing, to a fabulous dinner with friends in an instant.
2) I love candles and always travel with them. A great scented candle can uplift your mood, create an atmosphere for journaling or meditation, and even make a hotel room feel a little more like home. My Japanese Plum Bloom candle from Voluspa is a travel must have, and its pretty purple tin makes it my #2 essential.
3) Jewelry and accessories are must haves when traveling, as they can take your simple summer dress from casual to sophisticated in 2.5 seconds. I don't like to travel with too much jewelry, because I don't want to lose anything, so I like to stick to a few classic pieces that can be worn with shorts and a tank top or my favorite LBD. Simple gold hoops from Emma's Jewelry Box are one such staple that goes with everything, and always makes a statement.
4) I met Benita Litt, the co- founder of Legend of Lido, at Body By Simone Brentwood, (where I work as an instructor) and fell in love with her companies line of travel tote bags and pouches. Each one is created using one-of-a-kind fabrics that are bright and colorful, whimsical, and practical. One of my favorites is the Square Leather Pouch in Gunmetal. It's the perfect size for an evening bag, easily storing your essentials for a night out.
5) My last travel must-have is my go-to moisturizer, Ultimate Brightening Oil from Uma Oils. Uma's founder Shrankhla Holecek is dedicated to creating amazing facial oils using organic essential oils to make your skin glow, and she delivers. This oil is lightweight, yet so packed with goodness that 3-4 drops are all you need to have beautiful, dewy, glowing skin. I also love the line of wellness oils like Pure Bliss and Pure Rest, which uses the power of essential oils to uplift or calm. The 15ml size bottles are perfect for travel.
These are my top 5 travel essentials, and I know that as long as I have them I can handle any travel curveball thrown my way. I'd love to hear what's on your list.